Weaver Brothers Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information. To reasure you, we do not sell, trade or rent any personal information or email addresses.
Who we are
The full name of our company is Weaver Brothers Ltd and our address is Weavers Yard, Lane End Road, Bembridge, Isle of Wight, PO35 5UE.
How to contact us
FAO Data Protection Officer
Weaver Brothers Ltd
Lane End Road
Isle of Wight PO355uE
Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
• Information about who you are e.g. your name, and your contact details
• Information about your deceased relative or friend e.g. their name, age, religion, doctor, occupation, next of kin etc.
• Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
• Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your deceased relative or friend e.g. health, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the service that you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
• Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or beneficiaries for products you have with us, such as funeral plans
Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
• an application form for a product or service
• phone conversations with us
• emails or letters you send to us
• meetings with one of Directors or administration staff
If your deceased relative/friend has a funeral plan, the information we collect, and use will most likely have been provided by them.
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as Care homes and hospitals e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
• you have given us your permission to send you information about products and services and / or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you
• it’s necessary to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. if you want to apply for a funeral plan, we will require some personal information including your name, address, date of birth, bank account details
• it’s in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with Hospital, Mortuary, Cemetery Office, Funeral Celebrant, Stonemasons, Stationery provider etc.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for’.
These third parties include:
• Cemetery/Crematorium office
• Church Minister or Celebrants
• Donation recipients
• Nursing Homes/Hospices
• Companies that you chose to support us in the delivery of the funeral services such as, newspapers, organists, florists, refreshment providers, vehicle providers, stonemasons etc.
• Our data regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
Where your information is processed
All of your information is processed in the UK
How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with our services while you are a customer.
We may also keep your information after this period .The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how Weaver Brothers Ltd uses your information. They are:
- Right to be informed
• Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
• Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
• Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Weaver Brothers Ltd to continue to have it.
• Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
• Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your funeral plan to another provider.
• Right to object
You can object to Weaver Brothers Ltd processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests; for direct marketing; and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
How to make a complaint
We will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Weaver Brothers Ltd (or third parties described above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Weaver Brothers Ltd.
The details for each of these contacts are:
FAO Data Protection Officer
Weaver Brothers Ltd
Lane End Road
Isle of Wight PO35 5UE
This page describes how we treat the information provided by visitors, what other information we gather and how we use it, why we sometimes need to store “cookies” and how to prevent this.
In common with almost all professionally run websites, this website logs the IP address of each visitor in order to keep it running reliably. This is also essential for protecting the website and its visitors from malicious attacks, including infection with malware.
This website provides information as a service to visitors such as yourself, and to do this reliably and efficiently, it sometimes places small amounts of information on your computer or device (e.g. mobile phone). This includes small files known as cookies.
The cookies stored by this website cannot be used to identify you personally.
How Cookies Are Used
- avoiding the need to ask for the same information several times during a session (e.g. when filling in forms), or
- remembering that you have logged in, so that you don’t have to re-enter your username and password on every page.
Cookies for Analytics
We use analytics to measure how many visitors are using the website, which pages interest them and so on, and this involves storing cookies:
For more information Google Analytics website.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
Personal information that you submit to us through this website will only be used for the purposes we solicited it. For example, to respond to an enquiry, and will not be used for any other purpose without your consent. We will never pass it on to any third party without your consent, unless legally required to do so.
The information on this page applies only to this website and not to other sites linked to from these pages.