Getting To The Isle Of Wight
There are a number of ways you can travel to the Island:
Via Portsmouth: Catch a train to Portsmouth Harbour Station to catch the WightLink Fast Cat from Portsmouth Harbour -> Ryde Pier Head – the crossing takes approx 20 minutes.
Once at Ryde Pier Head you can either catch the Island Line train down the pier to Ryde Esplanade where there is a taxi rank.
If you are travelling onwards and would like a taxi then please do get in contact and we will provide you with details so you can pre-book one
Via Southampton: Catch a train to Southampton Central and transfer to the free bus which takes you to the Red Funnel Red Jet Passenger Ferry from Town Quay -> Cowes – the crossing take approx 25 minutes. Again, once at Cowes there is a taxi rank or you can pre-book as previously mentioned.
If you are travelling by car to the Island the two most convenient ports are either from Southampton or Portsmouth.
- Southampton -> East Cowes via Red Funnel – crossing time
is approx 1 hour
- Portsmouth -> Fishbourne via Wight Link Ferry – crossing is
approx 45 minutes.
Whichever you decide it is essential to book your ferry crossings:-
Alternatively you can travel on the Hovercraft from Southsea to Ryde the crossing takes approx. 10 minutes. If you are driving you can park at the The Esplanande Car Park, long stay car park and can pre-book by using JustPark. If you are travelling by train you should alight at Portsmouth and Southsea train station and take the ‘Hoverbus’ which is timed to connect to the hover departures. Once at Ryde you can pick up a taxi from the taxi rank outside.
Tel: 01983 717700
Isle Of Wight Crematorium
There is only one crematorium on the Isle of Wight. If you are travelling from Ryde or Fishbourne you should allow 15 minutes by car. From East Cowes (Red Funnel) allow approx 10 minutes travel time.
- Wightlink Portsmouth Car Ferry Terminal, Gunwharf Road, Portsmouth PO1 2LA
- Wightlink Fishbourne Lane, Fishbourne, Isle of Wight PO33 4EU
- Hover Travel Southsea, Clarence Esplanade, Southsea, Portsmouth. PO5 3AD.
- Red Funnel Terminal 1, Dock Gate 7 off Town Quay Road, SO14 2AL
- Red Funnel East Cowes: Trinity Road, East Cowes, Isle of Wight PO32 6RA
- Isle of Wight Crematorium, East Cowes, PO32 6NJ
- Holy Trinity Church, Church Road, Bembridge, IW PO35 5NA
- St James Church, 19 St James Cl, East Cowes IW PO32 6PP
We are proud to be members of SAIF, The National Society of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF) which is a trade association whose members are all independent funeral directors. Independent funeral directors are known for their high standard of service and a caring, traditional approach to their local communities, 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. By choosing a SAIF member when the need arises, you are assured of a trusted and caring professional who is dedicated to serving the needs of the community. SAIF Members must adhere to a strict Code of Practice.
With two offices; one located in Bembridge and one located in East Cowes. Weaver Bros. Ltd have the Isle of Wight covered.